By Charlotte Lin
“Be your version of smiling” we have heard this quote quite often, right? But why is it important? Because it gives you self-confidence and self-worth and more trust in yourself. And being confident leads to more happiness and joy in your life. Now the question is how to start loving yourself or pushing yourself to care for your needs and not sacrifice your well-being to make others happy.
Self-love is vital in various aspects of life, so low self-esteem can also be a severe problem. Let’s take an example of escape games like Riddler’s Escape. If you don’t believe in yourself, you have low confidence in putting your views or thoughts among your teammates in the game; you will not be able to solve puzzles within a set time limit. It is necessary to work on your self-esteem as it impacts your decision-making and overall well-being, and this will come when you start loving yourself. Here are 11 ways to practice self-love and how to be good to yourself –
- Firstly, stop comparing yourself with others. Stop trying to be perfect. Be yourself. Don’t let others’ wrong opinions affect you; don’t care about what they say or what dirt they have in their head for you. Believe in yourself.
- Admit your flaws or mistakes and work on them to improve yourself, taking the necessary actions. Accept yourself as you are. Process your fears and bad decisions to understand at which point you went wrong in your head.
- Trust your decision and your feelings and love yourself. Having self-trust means staying true to yourself. With this, you can survive any difficulty in your life.
- Celebrate small things, celebrate yourself, and take time to be grateful for all that you have and for your life. Sometimes, these little celebrations can make a person happy and loving. Enjoy the simple things and treat yourself.
- Learning to say ‘’No’’ is a part of improving yourself, and it is an essential skill, but you must know where and for whom you should put your precious time and energy. It will enable you to set boundaries and clarity for others on what they can expect from you.
- Make a list of the things you’re grateful for, like, your family, friends, health, pet, job, the environment, or anything you feel thankful for. Showing gratitude for the things around you affects you a lot in your life. It makes people feel more positive vibes.
- Prioritize things that are important in life. Put yourself first in life. Self-love or self-care is crucial. Prioritizing things helps make essential decisions and identify what’s truly needed in life.
- Focus on positive aspects only. Let go of negative self-talk. We focus so much on the negative that the positive loses its place in our hearts.
- Be willing to change and move forward in life to experience new and exciting things. It forces us to grow and work towards our goals.
- Self-expression is also essential in developing a sense of belonging to the world. It will make you feel better about yourself. Show up your complicated feelings when life gets tough.
- Live in the present. Stop thinking about the past. Live your life consciously. Living in the present means no longer worrying about what happened in the past and what will happen in the future.
Self-love is an unconditional acceptance of yourself. Being kind to yourself lowers anxiety, depression, and stress and helps build self-respect and the ability to keep going in the situation. Don’t just be good to others. Be good to yourself too. Don’t be afraid to let go of toxic people in life. Permit yourself to be kind to yourself. When a person loves himself more, he immediately changes his outlook on the world and encourages himself to pick up good habits. Know yourself. If you stay true to yourself, you’ll gain a sense of who you are and will never have regrets. Surround yourself with people who cheer you up for your well-being. Live your best life and love yourself.